Location: Sparx Head Office in Exeter.
Term: Full time, Permanent.
Salary: Competitive (Dependent on qualifications and experience) plus generous company benefits
Closing date: Monday 28th January at 12pm
Telephone interviews: Between Monday 4th February and Thursday 7th February
Office interview: Friday 15th February
About the role
Working as a Relationships Coordinator, you’ll be taking up a key position helping our Relationships Team support the growing number of schools using our products. The mission of the team is to provide an excellent end to end customer experience, and you’ll be the first to receive messages from our customers and the main driver in resolving any issues internally. Based in the office you will be focused on maintaining relationships with and offering the best service possible to our schools.
● Managing queries from our customers, owning any problems, finding answers/solutions and crafting responses. Queries will be predominantly electronic but work will also include fielding customer calls, asking appropriate clarification questions and ensuring an accurate and prompt response. Types of queries may include but are not limited to the following:-
o Handling user questions (e.g. ‘how to’ do something)
o Receiving product feedback
o Bug reporting
● Liaising with other teams within the company to provide information to resolve customer queries and ensure that the users are at the heart of our product and development decisions.
● Assisting the rest of the Relationships Team with diary planning and scheduling of school meetings.
● Ensuring our service runs smoothly, working proactively to anticipate and appropriately address issues.
● Using query information, identify patterns and trends, and suggest ways to improve our products or the way they are deployed to customers.
Sparx is about learning. We work with schools, in schools and for schools because we understand the challenges faced by educators, teachers and students on a day to day basis and we are passionate about finding a way to help.
Empowering educators and motivating young people to improve educational outcomes is our mission - aiming to improve life opportunities for over 5 million learners by 2030 #Ed5M.
For over 7 years we have been investigating how young people learn. We have gathered data, listened to teachers and students and overlaid these insights with our own observations, drawing on the expertise of our team. The result is not an off-the-shelf software product - it is an approach to learning. Our unique, blended learning methodology combines traditional teaching methods with sophisticated technology, our own high quality content and unparalleled levels of support.
About the Sparx team
Our diverse and vibrant team is growing fast! We’re not just developers, data scientists, product owners, content or education experts – we’re also cyclists, DJs, triathletes, published scholars, parents, pet owners, musicians, adventurers, and more. We bring our whole selves to work, and we’re united by our belief in the transformative power of learning and excitement about tackling the hard problems in technology.
Based in one of the best workspaces in the country, we set clear and challenging goals, collaborate, celebrate success and have the opportunity to learn from each other every day. We encourage everyone to stretch beyond their roles and deliver on our mission.
You’re looking for an opportunity to use your passion for education and technology to make a meaningful difference to teachers and learners. As either a graduate or experienced professional, you’ll be able to use your exceptional problem solving skills to work under pressure and find timely solutions for all stakeholders. You’re committed to the exceptional standards of customer service we provide at Sparx and you’ll take ownership and work hard to ensure everything runs smoothly.
Here’s an overview of some of the specific skills and experience we’re looking for:
● Educated to degree level or have equivalent professional experience in customer service or an education environment
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a high standard of written English (grade B or above at GCSE level or equivalent)
● Able to follow set processes and use own initiative when appropriate
● Advanced problem solving skills to create innovative service solutions to customers' needs
● Skilled listener, able to ask appropriate questions
● Able to be tactful and firm when responding to queries
● Very comfortable with technology and willing to learn more
● Organisation skills and high attention to detail
● Able to successfully pass a DBS check
● Schools/Education Experience e.g. worked in a school, deep understanding of educational technology solutions, or have a depth of curriculum knowledge
● Account/Customer Relationship Management experience including experience in delivering customer-focused support
● Interest in Mathematics
Unfortunately, at this current time, we cannot accept applications that require sponsorship for an employment visa.
As part of your application you will need to complete a short written task, you will receive full details of this by email once you have submitted your application. Please ensure you complete this task by 2pm on Monday 28th January.