This is an exciting, fast-paced and business critical role, providing comprehensive support to the top level of management within Sparx. The company is at an incredibly exciting stage, as we fast approach our product launch and ensuring we meet our internal deadlines. Each team is a hub of activity. You will be key to ensuring everything runs smoothly and taking responsibility for a diverse workload from day one. We are looking for someone that has experience of providing support to multiple key senior stakeholders, someone who is bright, amenable and very capable.
- To provide a comprehensive EA service to the CEO and Senior Management team, including management of email correspondence, diary management, organisation and facilitation of meetings, filtering and – where appropriate – responding to verbal and written queries
- To be proactive in the management of the post, emails and telephone calls, while drawing attention to matters of priority
- Assisting with preparation for, and follow up actions from meetings. This includes scheduling and planning time for meeting preparation, drafting and coordination of documents, scheduling meetings, monitoring and undertaking follow up actions
- Coordinating meetings, creating agendas, taking minutes and actions as well as following upon actions and ensuring meetings are run in an efficient manner
- To carry out research, prepare presentations, collate information and reports on technical and commercial correspondence, be involved in and participate in meetings
- Managing the inbox and timeliness of response to internal and external queries and communications.
- Managing complex and busy diaries including acting quickly to short notice changes, rescheduling and cancellation of appointments with tact
- Managing other junior assistants supporting other parts of the organisation
- Coordinate and plan trips, including arranging appropriate travel, agendas, necessary communications with external clients, and other necessary preparations
- Project management support as required, including customer experience initiatives and formulation of Business unit goals and Road Maps
- Management and organisation of celebratory events as well as other ad hoc events. Ensuring that feedback from attendees is sought and incorporated into future events
- Working closely and effectively with external customers such as schools and other educational establishments for logistical and administrative purposes
- Forming productive working relationships with members of the Executive Team including their assistants, assisting with queries, problems and ensuring swift resolution
- To promote the values of Sparx
- To maintain strict confidentiality relating to staff, client and organisation information
- Contribute to the development and implementation of systems and processes within the team/ company
- Ad hoc project work as required
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the responsibilities of the post, as requested
Founded by Mark Dixon and Glenn Woodcock in 2011, Sparx employs over 80 people, all of whom are working to create a learning platform that can be rolled out across schools in the UK. The platform includes ‘big data’, granular content and gaming, all of which are carefully brought together and fashioned into a system capable of significantly improving the pace and quality of learning. Data captured from the lessons is truly remarkable, allowing real-time feedback which enables the re-positioning of certain concepts, to better the students’ understanding of the material. The impact of this work is potentially transformational. It is a major initiative and a tremendous opportunity.
We’re looking for people with a real passion for education and a belief in the power of technology to improve it; people who want a challenge and people who want to make a difference.
You’ll be highly organised, energetic and professional, with the ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of people tactfully and diplomatically. As a key face of Sparx, it’s crucial that you pride yourself on excellent customer service and take your role as a representative for the organisation seriously. Emotional intelligence is one of your assets and you’ll be a natural at identifying and managing confidential material and situations in a discreet, appropriate manner.
Life at Sparx is fast-paced so we need someone who can work on his or her own initiative, who is comfortable with a high-pressure environment and can adapt to a fluctuating workload. You’ll be ambitious as to where you see the company going, and be an excellent team player.
Above all, you’ll be reliable, trustworthy, able to hit the ground running and teach us a thing or two!
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree educated with extensive experience in an Executive Assistant or Personal Assistant role supporting Board level Directors
- Experience in project management support
- A self-starter with excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to deliver high quality administrative support and be comfortable developing new ways to work and use technology
- Self-motivated, dynamic and enthusiastic
- Proactive and disciplined, with the ability to multitask and project manage effectively
- Able to identify high priority issues for urgent communication and action, ability to meet deadlines
- High level of discretion in handling documents and dealing with wider members of the team
- Able to focus on what’s best for the team and the wider business, above their own objectives
- Highly literate and numerate with strong problem solving skills
- Able to focus on the detail without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Highly proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Exchange, and web browser
- Driving license and access to a reliable vehicle
We’re about living life, not putting it on hold. Our generous benefits include substantial holiday leave and the chance to join our company pension. We have a range of on-site facilities for all employees to use free of charge. On site, we have a netball court, a five-a-side football pitch, a running track, a pool table, an Olympic table tennis table, as well as an on-site gym with classes throughout the day. Our café serves delicious, local, and organic food. Did we mention it’s all free? On top of this you’ll have great views from your office window of the foothills of Dartmoor and boats out at sea on the horizon – with the beach just 20 minutes away. Plus, we’re constantly organising events and activities to support our charities, and to socialise. Our work is serious but we’re all about having fun while we do it!